Told Boss about job offer and they said I am in line for a promotion that will be reviewed in 3 months

 I received a job offer that pays 10k more than my current job. I told my boss about this and they said they were going to recommend me for a promotion that will be reviewed during performance reviews in 3 months where they could potentially match the offer.

Should I stay or take the new job offer? I am hesitant because my boss could just be saying this to string me along plus there isn’t a guarantee I’d get the promotion due to budgetary reasons. But I really do like working at my current company and I do like the culture there. It really just comes down to money.

It would be 60k to 70k.

Options that I could do:

-Stay at your current company and wait for a promotion that may or may not be guaranteed.


-Take a new job offer that pays 10k more.


Take the new offer. If they actually wanted to, they would review and promote you right now.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post